Monday, September 7, 2009

Summer Holiday part I

We did another Home swap this past summer. I love home swapping!!!! It opens up so many possibilities for us to travel and makes it much more comfortable.
This year we swapped with a family in Brooklyn and their sister's family in Seattle. We stayed in Brooklyn in a wonderful loft/flat of one sister's, and then her sister from Seattle stayed in our home.(A little different then your standard home swap but it worked for all of us so...) We also had one of our previous home swapping families return for a second stay here. We actually overlapped trips with this family, got to meet them in person this time and share a family dinner with them. I can't say enough positive things about the great people we meet.

So on to the trip. As many of you have heard already we lost/deleted the first 4 days of images of our trip in NYC, BUMMER! (If you know of anyone who is pro at retrieving data off a memory card that has been over written PLEASE let me know)
We did Top of the Rock, walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, sampled as much NY pizza as possible, went to the Statue of Liberty and got to visit the crown which has been newly reopened to 30 luck people every hour, Elise Island, Wall St, Ground Zero including a train through the actually work site, Grand Central terminal, China town with Chinese dinner, Central Park with Chess games, Natural History Museum, MET, Time Square, Macy's, Several Churches/Cathedrals, Columbia University, The NY temple, NY philharmonic in the park one night. And a ton of other stuff.....

I'm going to start uploading photos in no particular order....enjoy!!!

Chess in Central Park
Grace with her Carousel pony in Central Park

The Temple


Saint Something ( I can't remember right now) anyway it is the largest Gothic Cathedral in the World


One of my favorite images at the MET

The street we lived on, notice impromptu thrift store.

The famous piano at FAO Swartz

Yes those are Lego's my dear Briant






2 comments:

Joy :) said...

First of all I am so glad you left a comment on my bloag cause now I have yours!! Second of all I grew up 30 min. from NYC and LOVE it there!!! I loved seeing the pics!! I have never heard of house swapping but it sounds SO WONDERFUL!! How do you find these people to swap with?? What a great idea!!!

Teri said...

Wow! When were you in Seattle? Did you know Rich and Houston moved Carson up there the first of August? Has his own place. Just got a job at REI. Mandy's there too.
xoxo teri