Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday before Thanks Giving

It's Friday night, wow did the week go fast. It's been an emotional roller coaster of a week. Gordan, Frances Husband found out he needs heart surgery, we've been praying and will be fasting for him this Sunday. On the brighter side Isabelle and Abe got engaged on Fri night. We're VERY excited for her/them. They're planning on getting married on Grace's 8th birthday, so Grace is very excited about that.

As the holiday approaches I've been contemplating on the things I'm Thankful for and how to express them to my family(without balling my eyes out) and how to help my children feel the amazing blessings that we have as a family. We're so blessed and during this time of financial crisis, the kids are starting to ask a lot of questions about our life and how/if we will be effected by the recession/depression. All the news is starting to scare/make them nervous, so I've been trying to reassure them that we should be ok and that if something should happen that we have each other and the gospel in our lives and that the stuff isn't that important. I'm blessed though because I think the kids aren't stuff oriented(even though I think we have way to much stuff). So I think I'm going to have all of us write something we're Thankful for, everyday this week and by Thur we should have a nice group of things to remind us of how truly blessed we are.

May blessing abound in your own homes like they abound in mine... Joy & Happiness to you.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Your family blesses us all. We love you and send many hugs during this special week.
xoxo Aunt Teri